08 Jul 2020
Review article | 08 Jul 2020
What do we know about how the terrestrial multicellular soil fauna reacts to microplastic?
Frederick Büks et al.
Total article views: 5,480 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 28 Feb 2020)Views and downloads (calculated since 28 Feb 2020)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 5,480 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,632 with geography defined and 848 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 4,676 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,024 with geography defined and 652 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 804 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 608 with geography defined and 196 with unknown origin.
22 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Microplastics negatively affect soil fauna but stimulate microbial activity: insights from a field-based microplastic addition experiment D. Lin et al. 10.1098/rspb.2020.1268
- Microplastics in soil: Impacts and microbial diversity and degradation P. KAUR et al. 10.1016/S1002-0160(21)60060-7
- Key mechanisms of micro- and nanoplastic (MNP) toxicity across taxonomic groups S. Matthews et al. 10.1016/j.cbpc.2021.109056
- Transcriptomic and metabolic responses of earthworms to contaminated soil with polypropylene and polyethylene microplastics at environmentally relevant concentrations K. Chen et al. 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2021.128176
- Micro/nanoplastics effects on organisms: A review focusing on ‘dose’ E. Agathokleous et al. 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2021.126084
- Particles under stress: ultrasonication causes size and recovery rate artifacts with soil-derived POM but not with microplastics F. Büks et al. 10.5194/bg-18-159-2021
- Tire abrasion particles negatively affect plant growth even at low concentrations and alter soil biogeochemical cycling E. Leifheit et al. 10.1007/s42832-021-0114-2
- Transport and transformation of microplastics and nanoplastics in the soil environment: A critical review Y. Liu et al. 10.1111/sum.12709
- Enhanced end-of-life performance for biodegradable plastic mulch films through improving standards and addressing research gaps D. Hayes 10.1016/j.coche.2021.100695
- Potential Effects of Microplastic on Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi E. Leifheit et al. 10.3389/fpls.2021.626709
- The polymers and their additives in particulate plastics: What makes them hazardous to the fauna? S. Sridharan et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153828
- Polyethylene microplastic toxicity to the terrestrial snail Cantareus aspersus: size matters R. Colpaert et al. 10.1007/s11356-021-15824-z
- Physical, chemical, and microbial contaminants in food waste management for soil application: A review J. O'Connor et al. 10.1016/j.envpol.2022.118860
- Occurrence and Distribution of Microplastics in Soils and Intertidal Sediments at Fildes Bay, Maritime Antarctica A. Perfetti-Bolaño et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.774055
- Microplastic inclusion in birch tree roots K. Austen et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.152085
- Microplastic effects on carbon cycling processes in soils M. Rillig et al. 10.1371/journal.pbio.3001130
- Global concentrations of microplastics in soils – a review F. Büks & M. Kaupenjohann 10.5194/soil-6-649-2020
- Meta-analysis reveals differential impacts of microplastics on soil biota H. Wei et al. 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2021.113150
- Microplastics alter behavioural responses of an insect herbivore to a plant-soil system G. Rondoni et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.147716
- Micro(nano)plastics sources, fate, and effects: What we know after ten years of research S. Allen et al. 10.1016/j.hazadv.2022.100057
- Sample Preparation Techniques for the Analysis of Microplastics in Soil—A Review D. Thomas et al. 10.3390/su12219074
- Ecological risks in a ‘plastic’ world: A threat to biological diversity? E. Agathokleous et al. 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2021.126035
Latest update: 27 Nov 2022